Setting a "Champions Tone" at the outset of class is critical to having a successful training session.
General Keys to Starting A Champion Level Class:
1. Clear Goals For the Warm Up:
- Start on time
- Start with 100%
2. Planning and Preparation: (Prior to the Class)
- Teachers: Have the room prepared prior to the class and know what they are teaching.
- Students: Complete preparation tasks before the start of class as outlined by the coach/club(Fill up water bottle, check-in, have equipment prepared, be in a ready position for the clock to strike)
3. Routine, Routine, Routine:
- The start of class should follow a similar pattern everyday. Students should know what's expected of them within the first few minutes.
Champions Training Habits: "Champions..."
- Are Prepared Prior to Practice
- Start On Time
- Train with intention and focus
- Train with Spirit
- Have clear objectives and targets they want to accomplish
THE TIM MOREHOUSE FENCING CLUB "START UP"
- Students start walking around 4 set up cones while maintaining 5 feet of distance
- Students are supposed to stop on "HALT" (and FREEZE) and run on "FENCE!"
- Our teacher ensures that the fist lap is walked perfectly. (Champions do things RIGHT)