Once the class has completed the "START UP WALK" at a "Level 5" we proceed into the "START UP RUN".
We have 5 Main Rules:
- Keep Distance: Keep a precise 5-feet of distance from the person in front of you
- Use Your Whole Body Use your whole body correctly when running or walking (i.e. arms should be working, legs should be bent)
- No Talking
- Be Prepared to FREEZE immediately when the music stops or HALT is called.
- Be prepared to START immediately when the music starts of FENCE is called.
Things we Include in our Start up Run:
- Jumping Jacks: Minimum 40 Jumping Jacks in Sets of 5, 10, 20 or more
- Push Ups: Minimum 20 Push Ups in sets of 5 or 10
- Plank - 2 Sets of 30-60 Seconds.
- Up and Downs - Minimum of 10
Exercises we Build Into the Run:
- HALT! (Complete Freeze - no movement at all!)
- DOWN! (Drop to the floor in 2 movements)
- UP! (Rise from the floor in 2 movements)
- 1st Position (Also Jumping Jack Position)
- Push Up Position
- Fence (Begin Moving)
Line Leader: (Front) Keeps the pace either by following the instructors signals/commands or with older groups, can vary speeds and steps at their discretion.
Line Leader: (Back) Calls HALT! and FENCE!